It’s the most sacred and special day on the bearded calender. That’s right, World Beard Day is just around the corner, so it’s time to ready your beards and start planning your celebrations. This year, World Beard Day falls on September 6th, and we’ll be celebrating with our official WBD party at Adelaide’s Worldsend Hotel, where you can enjoy drink specials for the bearded, various beard-related pub games and activities, and hang out with your two favourite Beards members Johann Beardraven and Nathaniel Beard! Click here for more info on the event, and visit the World Beard Day website here. If you can’t make it to our official party, you can always throw your own World Beard Day party and celebrate this most glorious of days with all your bearded friends.
This year, World Beard Day will also be the date of the film clip launch for our NEW VIDEO, the much-anticipated clip for our worldwide number 1 smash hit single All The Bearded Ladies. Check back here on World Beard Day to view it. In the meantime, you can re-live our set from last year’s WBD gig at Sydney’s Manning Bar…
WHAT TO DO ON WORLD BEARD DAY
If you are hosting a World Beard Day event, here’s a helpful list of things you can do to make this the greatest World Beard Day ever…
Break bread with your bearded brethren
What World Beard Day would be complete without a mouthwatering array of beard friendly foods? Popular options include…
- Barbecues / meat on a spit
– Hot dogs
Have a fire
If local laws permit, build a fire (or if you prefer have some beardless people build you a fire),
then sit around the fire and enjoy having a beard and living in a golden age of beardedness.
Change a Tyre
Grab a bearded mate or two, flatten a car’s tyre, then enjoy the satisfaction of changing it using your extensive life skills.
World Beard Day Games and Events
World Beard Day events often feature various games and events. Feel free to create your own event, or choose from any of the following customary World Beard Day games…
- All-bearded human pyramid (current record 15)
– Cleanchin darts (Just stick a picture of your least favourite beardless individual onto the dart board and throw darts at his face).
– World Beard Day Pinata (fill a paper mache beardless guy with treats, hang him from a tree, give the guy with the biggest beard a club and tell him to get clubbin’!)
– Effigy Burning. Make a simple effigy of a beardless guy and celebrate beards by burning him to the ground.
– Pin-the-beard-on-the-guy (by far the easiest, least-challenging World Beard Day game – no blindfold required.)
– Dungeons and Dragons
Have a Sing
Break out the vodka, band together and sing along to your favourite beard-related songs.
WBD League Sports
Play your favourite sports the way sports were meant to be played: Bearded vs. Non-Bearded, with the beardless team heavily handicapped (feel free to create your own handicaps for the beardless team or “losing team”). Popular choices include…
- The losing team has fewer players.
– The losing team is made up entirely of children.
– The referees / umpires are all members of the bearded team (winning team).
– The losing team or selected members of the losing team are blind folded, bound and gagged.